Cheap LED 9006 Bulbs

Michael Savage

http://www.dxsoul.com/product/mz-9006-80w-4000lm-6500k-white-16-xt-e-led-car-fog-light-backup-light-w-constant-current-12-24v-901380995

Says they're 4000lumen waiting for them to come in hope it helps someone out, ordered from them several times and stuff usually lasts and is as listed. Got a set of Japanese HOD bulbs from them 4 years ago and they just started going out. Hoping these LEDs end up just as good. I'll write back when they come in.

Yeah lol fingers crossed, but the 2500lumen HODs I bought were a good bit brighter than 1700 standards I used, like I said just have too see when they come in, I'm gonna take pictures when I check them out too if they're super bright. So hoping these are as good as the last set.

Well, I feel that you won't be able to aim them at all, the light will just go everywhere (these would be in your lows?....or foglights?), even a casper shield won't be able to keep an even cut-off line to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

Reflectable items down the road will just light up as tho it's daytime at night.

Low beams Yeah I'm gonna have to play with them, it's got a fish eye magnifying glass for the straight beam if you checked them out. Hope it won't blind traffic but my lens are fairly fogged so that cuts out alot of light, been running normal Sylvanias again and unless you're in a 0 light area you can't even tell they're on which kills me lol

Yeah and for $18.47 for 2 but gotta wait a week to get them if they're as bright as the listing it'll be more than worth it, it's got 16 leds if I'm counting right and the magnifying lenses most the kits I've seen on amazon for $100 seem to have 5-6 leds even on them. I've changed most my lights over to LEDS already so figured might as well check out some headlights if I could find a cheap set.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting =.= the were in transit out of Hong Kong on the 28th so hoping to see them in the mailbox by friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`m interested as well for some for my Cutlass, I had planned on doing something with the minquads again so the extra light would compensate.

For that output one could pretty much use these as High Beams as well right? I wonder how long this will make them last?

They sell a set of 9005 high beams for 20 but I wanted to check out the low beams before I invested an extra 20

Mike:

you realize that where an LED *cob* is concerned the filaments surround the housing every 90 degrees so the light goes in every direction, in reality there no such thing as a retrofit *low* beam LED but there are *low* filaments where there is a single filament that is mounted to the cutaway flat surface and the bulb is inserted where that filament points up *and only up* so there is little light thrown onto the bottom of the lamp reflector, these bulbs usually have a fan motor on the back end to keep them cool and some of them require a driver.

https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net/images/uploads/led-headlight-conversion-kit-9005-front-profile.jpg

https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net/images/uploads/led-headlight-conversion-kit-9005-all-component.jpg

They've got 4 every 90* and 6 clustered on the end with A magnifying lens no idea how they'll work until they make it here but just looking for something better than standards. Reason I didn't order the 9005s with them, didn't wanna spend money on them if they're not gonna do good, but I know I won't find anyone that has them.

I'd be interested to see some closeup pics of them and the beam pattern when you get a chance.  Also maybe a night time pic of one side with LED bulb and other side with regular bulb so we can see the difference.

That's the plan! Hong Kong International Shipping is just apparently bad about shipping updates lol

^ I'm with you on that, I order anything & everything lighting related from Asia, aside of the better pricing the shipping into Canada from the lower 48 states is just ridiculous because of what either Ebay or the dealers shipping rates are whereas shipping from Asia is usually free (as included in the selling price) but it takes a month to get here.

^ I'm with you on that, I order anything & everything lighting related from Asia, aside of the better pricing the shipping into Canada from the lower 48 states is just ridiculous because of what either Ebay or the dealers shipping rates are whereas shipping from Asia is usually free (as included in the selling price) but it takes a month to get here.

I do it too, so we either buy it straight from China or from somebody who bought it straight from China and then marked it up. Just got a "Slap Chop" in the mail from China the other day.

Yeah whenever I buy my headlights I try stuff from Japan usually Japanese lights are usually amazing, so these comming from China I'm feeling pretty good about it, looking into LED headlights I don't doubt they will be 4k Lumen, amazon sells them all the way up to 8k Lumen from what I've seen. Just kinda excited to see the difference

The white is the LED it's brighter, but the white oxidized plastic is catching alot of it so if you have bad headlamps themselves these won't be brighter but obvious difference for me

That doesn't seem bad for mainly city driving but they don't appear to cast the light very far. My HIDs will light up a reflective sign from a mile or 2 away.

Yeah HIDs are sweet but you can't beat brighter than Halogen, LEDS for $9 each lol which generally can last longer, if I could afford a $200 HIDS setup IDE jump at it