Understeer Reduction

RobertISaar

• 2 months later...

recommendations on to grease or not to grease bushings?

for the MC, I've got a full set of blue Moog bushings in my rockauto cart since those seem to be regarded as a decent upgrade without going to full polyurethane bushings(i'll finish out the ones that haven't been upgraded on the GP), I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on what to do with them though.... some are saying no grease, some say silicone grease(which is what I would do out of guessing), some say Teflon tape with or without grease....

thoughts?

I put those on the jeep with no grease and they squeaked for a while then stopped as they wore. I would say grease. Artificial spring rates from bushings is not favorable.

i was thinking about that yesterday when I couldn't sleep, so I googled around and confirmed that control arms and sway bars need to be fully installed with the vehicle's weight on them(or simulated) for the same reason, bushings get "pre-loaded" in the wrong orientation.

weird thing: looking up procedures for swaybar installation, GM specifically mentions to lubricate the bushings for the front sway bar upon installation, says absolutely nothing about the rear sway bar needing it though.

i was thinking about that yesterday when I couldn't sleep, so I googled around and confirmed that control arms and sway bars need to be fully installed with the vehicle's weight on them(or simulated) for the same reason, bushings get "pre-loaded" in the wrong orientation.

In a lot of cases people usually find that out after they get everything together and the car is sitting at a different height than it should.

• Like 1