Body Work - Painting

Mstg007

I am trying to get some feedback on how to go about painting / touching up this car. I am thinking about using the AutoZone - Dupli-Color pen and spray can, but not sure if that can fit the below photos of some of the areas on the car. Or do I have to take it to an auto dealer and spend $$$ just to cover these us so they do not rust.

Thanks for any feedback guys!

post-7802-143689180166_thumb.jpg

post-7802-143689180127_thumb.jpg

post-7802-143689180151_thumb.jpg

The fender I would touch up with the duplicolor pen, however the trim around the windshield, I would take off and sand off the old paint, lay down some primer and spray paint it black. It would be a lot easier and look a lot better if you paint it off the car than on the car.

having just pulled the cowl off of the MC to fix a washer line, it isn't too bad and you will have a much easier time getting a good finish on it that way.

on a monte carlo, it's something like 6 screws to pull it off and if you have the wiper blades pointed upward, it comes off.

with a 1st gen, it doesn't look very different though the factory recommends removing the wiper arms. I don't know if that is necessary.

Can I ask how you did get it off? Also Nas is it hard to get the windshield price off?

The windshield surround is held in by a bunch of philliips screwdrivers, but in order to access the ones on the side, you have to take off the A pillar weatherstripping. The ones that hold the top piece are under the visor trim. You have to take all of it off.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/45651-how-to-remove-outside-windshield-trim

The link above is more or less how to do it. You can ask 94 Olds Vert about it.

THe bottom trim is held on by 2 plastic pins and 2 screws. You have to open the hood and explore around really. If you do end up pulling the wiper arms, get the proper tool that pops them off otherwise you may have a bad situation.