L67 Supercharger Pulley

Stevo

Hi everyone. Here I am with another head scratcher.

While on my way to work my car decided to spin a grooved idler pulley bearing for the Supercharger. I did manage to limp it into a KIA dealership parking lot nearby and wrenched off the offending pulley.

The SC belt was damaged severely and the accessories belt had some minor damage. I have to replace both now. The pulley is a write-off but what 'wierds' me out is the plastic bushing which I cannot find or reference (in the picture below to the left of the pulley).

post-1121-143689179606_thumb.jpg

If you look closely the plastic bushing has an outer shell that sheared off leaving half inside the mounting bracket on the engine. I am assuming it stands off so that when you replace the pulley, bell washer and bolt the bell washer faces up with the bushing. Can anyone help me out with this? Does this bushing come out completely and is it replaceable or is this a part of the bracket to which it is attached. I don't want to put this back on but I am between a rock and a hard place. I may just size up the bushing and stick a PTFE or NAB sleeve in it's place (something with a better P & V, and temp tolerance than this).

-Steve =(:::::::::

btw. I picked up a Delco Pulley for this (locally in the area) and the PN was GM#88909590 and ACD#38009. When I called about the bushing those PN's did not match the dealers. =\

Crap!

I already bought the replacement plastic one. I did not know you could use an alternator pulley. I made the assumption it was 1/4" smaller in ⌀. Well I will be jamming this bugger on in -20*C weather with windchill and no cover. So yeah it's gonna be fun

Crap!

I already bought the replacement plastic one. I did not know you could use an alternator pulley. I made the assumption it was 1/4" smaller in ⌀. Well I will be jamming this bugger on in -20*C weather with windchill and no cover. So yeah it's gonna be fun

Mebbe return it and swap for steel? Yeah my monte has never had the plastic one since i supercharged it

The bushing appears to be no more than a guide to keeping the bell washer tight to the flanged bolt. Everything went together without a hitch. It would have been easier to have three arms for the task in general.

I replaced the SC tensioner pulley last month and I think now I have to do the smooth SC idler as well. The car keeps getting quieter with every pulley, lol.

I have to start considering a new car because this one is getting to the end of it's life. The rocker panels are gone on it and it will NOT pass inspection. The steering rack has some play to it for several years and needs replacement and more than likely would require the PS pump to be replaced as well.

Perhaps 2012-2013 something or another.

The bushing appears to be no more than a guide to keeping the bell washer tight to the flanged bolt. Everything went together without a hitch. It would have been easier to have three arms for the task in general.

I replaced the SC tensioner pulley last month and I think now I have to do the smooth SC idler as well. The car keeps getting quieter with every pulley, lol.

I have to start considering a new car because this one is getting to the end of it's life. The rocker panels are gone on it and it will NOT pass inspection. The steering rack has some play to it for several years and needs replacement and more than likely would require the PS pump to be replaced as well.

Perhaps 2012-2013 something or another.

Why not use it as a donor to l67 swap a first gen?

I think in the last year I have seen 2 1st gens that were soon to be junk yard ornaments. 1st gen W's don't last here if they are driven in the winter.

I want a v8 sport sedan and there is only the G8 from GM's offerings, they won't sell the SS in Canada for some dumb reason.