Computer issues, or ECM or ECC or whatever you want to call it

sd832

I have a 1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.4L.

Searched the entire forum and info about computers is very scarce.

All started when i failed SMOG (CA). SMOG guy said to take it to a shop and have the check engine light looked at. Shop pulled 14 different codes that were causing the check engine light. Paid them to diagnose each one to make sure it indeed was the computer. They want $700ish. I see them online for $90. I found some info online about replacing the computer but it is all for the 3.1, not 3.4. Are they different when it comes to the computer?

Also the "new" (re-manufactured) computer says "Additional Relearns Are Theft, Crankshaft, Idle, Etc. May Be Required." I know how to preform the idle relearn. Anybody know about the other ones?

Thank you.

your ECM is specific to 94-95 3.4 W-bodies.

I didn't think you could actually set that many codes at once...

as for relearns, I doubt you'll need to do much for them, generally the 94-95 LQ1 stuff learns idle and fuel trims quickly enough.

Thank you.

Sorry, I should clarify. I realize the ECM itself is different than the 3.1, I guess what I was wondering was if the location in the engine bay was different, are the relearns different.