Fuel rail disconnecter tool(how do you use one)

Big Blue

Hi there,the title explains it.I'll tell you wants going on,i have to replace the headgasket on my 1994 Pontiac transport se, sec 2 gen 3.8.I know all the steps to follow but i can't even get started :lol:.I have to take off the fuel rail and the fuel injectors.in all the years my grandpa tough me about cars he never showed me how to use this tool.So i final found the tool i need to get the rail off.the instructions are hopeless,all that i understad is you have to use one off the plastic round pieces that come with it,i put one on the pipe and slid it into the fiting like it said.I then keeped trying to jam it to get the pipe to pop off :?.They also give you 6 different round plastic things to use(no clue) can all you wonderful machanics please help me i really want to get this done before chrismas. : :oops:

please help me

you can email me if you would like

OK, assuming it's the same as every other fuel line GM uses, here's what you do. You've probably got the white plastic tools, right? Well find the one that fits around the fuel line, near the connector. Then slide the skinny part of the tool under the connector on the fuel line. You might have to push the 2 parts of the fuel line together to make it easier for the spring to expand. then push the white plastic tool in the crack, and pull the lines apart. It's way easier to show someone than to try explain it, so hopefully you're aware of the tools and where to use them. Since you say you're having trouble getting them apart, try pushing the line halves together and also try using different size tools, might be 2 different ones that work.

OK, assuming it's the same as every other fuel line GM uses, here's what you do. You've probably got the white plastic tools, right? Well find the one that fits around the fuel line, near the connector. Then slide the skinny part of the tool under the connector on the fuel line. You might have to push the 2 parts of the fuel line together to make it easier for the spring to expand. then push the white plastic tool in the crack, and pull the lines apart. It's way easier to show someone than to try explain it, so hopefully you're aware of the tools and where to use them. Since you say you're having trouble getting them apart, try pushing the line halves together and also try using different size tools, might be 2 different ones that work.

I do unerstand what you mean a little.There are 6 off those plastic colour circles all together,red,blue,white,green,yellow,black and 2 little plastic things for the springs and a black metal one.On the 2 plastic ones.one says 3/8 and the other one says 5/16.I don't know what size the pipe would be so i keep trying them and the 5/16 fits the best.So i should use the white plastic circle and put in on to the fitting and then slide the little plastic pieac in and it should just pop off.

Sweet, you got the really nice spring loaded disconnects. Yeah you'll probably use either the green or yellow, probably both. See, now that I think of it, I'm not sure those will work on the GM style lines, I don't think they would on a 96 Cutlass anyways, since I've got one torn apart now. You might need to get the little cheap white plastic ones, if you can't get the spring loaders to work.

the guy at the store said both the kits are the same and they will work.this is when i bought them.I've seen the white ones they want 20 at crappy tire for them.they look real cheap.SO i just use the green are yellow and then slide one off those fittings in.