New from NOLA (New Orleans)

NOLAGS

I have an 01 Regal Gs which still runs great with 106K and I love . It still lays rubber from a light if I turn off traction control which surprises the little jerks in their Altima S's or other assorted oriental cars :biggrin: . I was not using this car for a while due to a number of reasons including an accident in the Buick . It was running subpar and had a miss which a general tuneup solved . I think one of the plugs had a fault in it after the accident although they all looked perfect . 6 new plugs fixed it . I have now gotten the A/C going again and still love driving this car . I was a former member on Regalgs.org and had not logged in in a while and was disappointed it was shut down . Glad to have found this forum and thanks to the admin for setting it up :thumbsup:

Jim

Thanks for the welcomes :biggrin: No , I don't have any current pics . The car looks decent since being repaired and runs great . Of course it doesn't look as good since it also got some minor hail damage. This poor car has had some bad luck in the last two years and right now my plan is to just start using it again . It continues to perform fantastic and I have no plans of getting rid of it due to some cosmetic flaws . Of all the cars I've had over the years this hands down has been the best car ever . The 93 Bonneville we had turned out to be a lemon although the old 3800 in it never gave up the ghost . Before the accident I had been through pretty much every maintenance on this car and it was driving like a brand new car . I had changed all of the trans fluid via the old trick of removing the top cooler line and using the trans pump to purge all old fluid along with a new filter . I had changed the power steering fluid out and also done the supercharger and sucked out as much old brake fluid from master cylinder a few times too . It had a new ac compressor also . Also had put a new set of cooper S on the front . These cars are built so much better than say a Camry in my opinion . Since the radiator support and hood took all of the hit all it really needed was that section of the car replaced . The frame rails were not bent at all but it did need a complete front cap so now it has a new radiator and condenser as well as new orifice tube . It has not had a front end alignment since the accident believe it or not ! I don't think a jap car could have taken this kind of hit and walked away with only body damage . To solve the orifice tube nightmare I cut a small access panel in the driver side wheel well after pulling the strut out of the way . There was no way i was going to pull out the antilock module or brake booster or take it to the dealer either . I then seam sealed the cut out piece back into place and it looks ok . You can't even see it reallly . Now I"m fighting the less cool air on the drivers side than the passenger side. Pulling the fuse and resetting it head unit has not fixed it so next step is to order a blend door motor on rock auto for less than $30 . I'll try to get some pics up soon including a crunch photo . It was also my luck after the accident that the guy who fixed the car had a 97 Regal sold to him for parts which was whipped but actually ran pretty good . This was the donor car for the front cap and radiator support metal .