ok are there left and right struts? (rear)

Hoganator

I'm replacing the rear struts on my gp and im just wondering, is there a difference between the driver and passenger sides? I just want to know for sure before I buy the replacement parts.

Yes one is on the left the other is on the right.:D

Had to, your fine its the same for both sides.

Only physical difference you might find on replacement struts that is meaningful for the installer may be the elongated bolt holes that are present on some after-market rear struts. Some have 'em, some don't. I know the KYB's SR4026 Quick Struts do. But there are some brands that don't.

The elongated holes allow for adjustments to be made of camber, although I found that I needed to use maximum deflection simply to keep the camber from going positive. If you have the auxiliary springs on your car, it is a real PITA dealing with them.

edit: based on my trips to the junkyard, I believe the auxiliary springs were gone by the time 1995 rolled around, and they also went with 22mm strut to knuckle bolts instead of the 24mm used on the older ones. But don't take my word for it as I not an expert!

Edited by pitzel