92 Convertible is Almost Road Ready

Olds Dad

New windshield - fresh garnish moldings - a little elbow grease and it's looking pretty good. Still need to put the rear convertible glass in, but it has yet to arrive.

I'm hoping next week I'll be in line at the DMV getting her legal

post-10571-143689163902_thumb.jpg

I've always wanted another one. This isn't helping. I might have to see about making this happen in a year or so...

Fortunately / Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) they're fairly inexpensive if you find them - although they're getting more scarce. I've had this one since 1997 although I haven't used it in about 10 years

I had mine from 03-06, and only got rid of it because as time went on it became more and more apparent why it originally had a salvage title, so I had to get rid of it. I've been casually looking (although I don't have money for one), but I'm seeing decent specimens from 3-4k, which is what I'd be willing to pay for one not needing too much. I want another white/white/graphite one, preferably 94, I'd settle for a 95

Looks good! I like the 71\72 in the backround too!

Thanks - that's a 71 Supreme - 455 4-spd with a bench seat. Oddball car - owned since 1987 - restored it in the early 90's

Very nice! Does it have a digital or analog gauge cluster?

Analog - always wished I had HUD, but it's just something else that you can't get fixed when it stops working

You may not be able to get it fixed, but you sure as can fix it yourself. I've fixed mine at least twice now. I love having HUD. I have a hard time looking at new cars that don't have it.

I agree... Did you get rid of it with the wheels?

They went with the car when I sold it along with the stockers. The Blazer I partial traded for also had two sets of wheels, that was the deal. I did see my car for sale on craigslist a few years ago though with the wheels still on, although I don't think the olds center caps were still on, that was around 2011 or so. I'm guessing someone scrapped it by now, or used it as a parts car.

What makes you think that psychomatt?

Had some electrical bugs, had a salvage title, needed lots of little things to be a good car. It was my DD the last year or two I had it, and although it was still a good looking 10' car it was getting pretty tired. The entire front end had been welded on from an older cutlass. I found this out when I bought a radiator and the intlet was on the opposite side. I had remembered Ken mentioning it was an older front end, so I ordered a radiator from an 89 or 90 and it fit perfectly :lol:

That's crazy... That's something I was not expecting at all. I thought it was just in an accident and that's why it was salvage

That's crazy... That's something I was not expecting at all. I thought it was just in an accident and that's why it was salvage

pretty extensive repairs it looked like. The fender/hood were never going to line up correctly. Somewhere on the carfax (long after I had already owned it) said something about a collision with an animal. An elephant, maybe?

pretty extensive repairs it looked like. The fender/hood were never going to line up correctly. Somewhere on the carfax (long after I had already owned it) said something about a collision with an animal. An elephant, maybe?

A hippopotamus I assume.

New windshield - fresh garnish moldings - a little elbow grease and it's looking pretty good. Still need to put the rear convertible glass in, but it has yet to arrive.

I'm hoping next week I'll be in line at the DMV getting her legal

Looking good! :thumbsup: