just curious and pondering the idea..

matt9207

Has anyone tempted the idea of flipping the rear leaf to lower the lumina first gens? Maybe fab a block to make it not bottom out. I don't know if it's even possible just been thinking about it. Any insight on this would help. Maybe it's something worth trying and reporting back with results.

i think it would be less work to swap to rear coilovers and be able to set the height however you want it.

curling the leaf in the opposite direction seems like a good way of shattering it too.

Well we m looking at price efficient ideas since I don't have a lot of money to pour into coil over kits.. plus wouldn't you have to do something with the leaf spring even with coil overs on the rear.. and I have hear of ppl flipping leaf springs on other vehicles.. just curious if anyone has tried on w-bodies.

wouldn't you have to do something with the leaf spring even with coil overs on the rear...

throw them away :dunno: I agree though, I don't think it would work, but I don't know of anyone that's tried

When doing coil overs the leaf spring is removed. When the leaf spring is unloaded it has a 12 - 18 inch arch (been a while and I didn't measure, but it's a lot) from center to the ends.

Rear coil overs can be done for less than 2 Bills.

A1 racing 800.669.8442: COK-12452-H adjusting sleeve $18 ea (need 2). COK-12460 adjusting nut $12.87 ea (need 2).

Summit Racing 800.230.3030: energy suspension spring isolator ENS-3-6110G kit $11.99/pr ( need 1 pr). QA1 12 inch long springs of your choice HAL-12-spring rate $ 37.97 ea (need 2)

Yeah, ok, I should have said for less than 200 Dollars.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying I went all out on all four corners. The fronts took a lot more doing, the rears werent too bad. I just don't see flipping the leaf to be a good option

We hate to discourage ingenuity, but we don't see flipping the leaf spring a possibility. Give it a shot, it may be the next way cool thing to do to a W.

Well we m looking at price efficient ideas since I don't have a lot of money to pour into coil over kits.. plus wouldn't you have to do something with the leaf spring even with coil overs on the rear.. and I have hear of ppl flipping leaf springs on other vehicles.. just curious if anyone has tried on w-bodies.

You can redrill the rear strut towers for gen 2 w struts, or you can do things the way I do. Buy the pieces for diy coilovers 1 piece at a time. There a @#$/load of threads on diy coilovers