Throttle Body AC Pass Through

Michael Savage

Transmissions don't have compression. They have hydraulic line pressure, if you increased it by that much, I believe you'd be blowing seals left and right.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Savage

• Booba

• Imp558

• RobertISaar

I meant pressure. Also I didn't mention increasing the Engine Compression. I increased the Transmission PSI.

In my list I said

4T60E 423 Transmission - 1995 CSupreme

-Compression Increased by 50-100psi (Haven't tested just estimate)

The - in front of Compression means referring to the previous line. So referring to the Transmission I increased it's Compression/PSI by 50-100% not the Engine compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me saying Compression instead of PSI referring to the transmission was my mistake in listing everything I can remember doing to it.

Either way, 50-100psi or 50-100% pressure boost is a LOT. If you are going off of the bottle, I'd probably cut that figure in half, or thirds, or quarters, or eighths. Addressing the "Test Proven" claim they have, where are the facts? Car's make\model they used to test? Mileage? Transmission condition? Fluid quality? Previous pressure? Number of tests averaged? The list goes on and on. At the end of the day, do transmission additives do anything? Some do, I'm a fan of Lubeguard. Do I claim any performance increase or MPG increase from using it? No, in my book it's a preventative measure, not a modification or enhancement.

Reason it does, it's not just an additive, it's liquid Ceramic Diamond strength Nano Technology. The coating it makes can't be scratched except by a metal treated with it and if it does it repairs itself. Also I used 2 and 1/2 treatments so 7 bottles in my transmission of cut 62.5% to 112.5% in half you get 31.33% to 56.33%.

I'll look into the test page and see if I can find it, the oil tremendous can do the same for engines, not as much but a little.

It's another "mechanic in a can" product, if it really raised line pressure it would be a bad to very bad thing. It would make the tranny slam into gear, a little higher line pressure can get a tranny into gear quicker and spend less time on the clutches but anything over a few extra pounds would be detrimental.

Sometimes it does slam into gear depending on when I let off the gas when accelerating and the initial take on does knock hard sometimes, but I like it.

that, and higher line pressure results in more tranny losses and heat generation.....

also, a stock 3100 W-body = 9.0 0-60.

I work on computers for a living so when I researched it I liked the idea of it. The transmission had a crack in it that leaked and was slowly dieing and now no more leak and runs better than ever. Heat wise I have no idea.

Where are you doing your research? If it is the Manufacture's website, that is the WRONG place to do it. I'd start saving for a new transmission if your's has a crack in it...

Was cracked, it was from a 7 time Rolled Cutlass the crack got worse and worse, but the XADO treatment fixed it. Don't fully know how it worked, but it doesn't leak or use any fluid, we had to drain some out. Because it was showing a quart over.

How does a product that says it may increase line pressure by 33% with one treatment all the sudden increase it by double if you add a second treatment???? Maybe on a worn out all POS trans it may help, i just dont see it do jack crap. Only way i can see line pressure increase is by maybe a thicker fluid? Or a tune, and like several have said, it wouldnt be 30 to 50% increase. a 50% line increase is probably going destroy all sorts of crap.

You may be on to something, But i call snake oil.

I also see they seem to make an additive for engine. auto and man trans, also rear ends.....

http://www.xadousa.com/downloads/J1321_PDF-XADO_REPORT.pdf

Edited by Joshua Shaw

No it is still cracked, it is currently plugged. It is a band-aid fix that will not last and eventually get worse.

But he rebuilt everything better than stock.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/xado-metal-repair-anyone-tried-23912.html

Once again some people say good things and some just arnt sure. But the goods seem great and personally I see it as a great investment. The oil used in Recent Audi's is XADO from the factory and is the suggested replacement. So if it's about $10 above average priced Oil but can do what it says. It's worth it.

Also it's not an Additive it is a Treatment. It doesn't add minerals to oil or fluids it Treats the metal itself.

Sometimes it does slam into gear depending on when I let off the gas when accelerating and the initial take on does knock hard sometimes, but I like it.

Okay, seriuosly now all the gimmick stuff like that can do is coat with some kind of sludge, it cannot raise line pressure above what the factory may have had but it could partially plug your transmissions PCS, which is another more likely cause of what you're describing. Personally I'd be shopping for a new tranny, and you do need to get an ohm meter and check those ECT Sensors against their respective tables.