z34 idle help

waden

I need help, i'm cornfused. My 94 z34 wants to idle at near 2800rpm. I'm sure this has been discussed over and over again on here and i've done it all. New ecm , new prom with the correct brodcast number for the car, new felpro intake gaskets (twice), new iac set at 1 and a 1/8th", new tps, relearned the idle numerous times and a couple different ways.throttle body is spotless inside, other than the way high idle it runs awsome, no codes. Used a couple cans of carb spray trying to find vac leak but nothing. What am i missing, what should i try now? I need the car fixed so i dont have to put the heads back on the montana right away.

you've done ALL the lower intake gaskets and not just upper plenum gasket right?

check brake booster hose. sometimes those get crappy and split.

Past that go over all the vacuum lines

Ive done everything but the first intake gasket change. A buddy did the first change then sold me the car. Thought maybe he messed the gaskets up because he said he had a hard time changing them. I dont know why it only took me little over an hour to tear it down

A loud hissing noise would be a good area to start looking.

Also if your a smoking man, get a cigar, remove airbox and seal up the throttle body with plastic wrap, pull the brake booster cable of of the booster end and start blowing smoke into the upper engine. A leak that big and you will see smoke coming out of the hole. If you do not is either not enough smoke or not a vacuum leak.

Update: apparently the new iac i installed was deffective. Out of desperation i put the iac out of my montana and ......well she idles as it should ( after it warms up but thats a new thread)!