Revell TGP scale model

mannix

Here's some new pics of my build. Originally done in 96', and posted back in 06'. Too many custom parts, took 2 years to put together. One day the red version will go next to it.

azeqezaz.jpggete7a7e.jpg8edusu5y.jpg7ynuhudy.jpgpu7a7eve.jpgurunyvyt.jpgeba9y2yb.jpg4upuzuju.jpgbe5y7uqy.jpg7ymy5e7u.jpgydudave3.jpg7yju7a7y.jpg3e7epyqa.jpga6yhupu5.jpgaga6u4ab.jpga9a7a9a4.jpgusesyvus.jpgujevaba4.jpgju9yjyry.jpgsu5a2yza.jpg

Edited by mannix

The side mirrors were hollowed out, and reflective plastic was inserted. Muffler tips were hollowed out as well. All 8 reflectors are colored plastic. Some wet slide stickers from other kits were used in this model.

I also see the shifter is different, obviously the wheels, rotors, speaker grills, antenna, air box and ductwork . . .Did you source all this somewhere or make your own?

The shifter has a metal post attached to handle. Speakers were taken from another kit. Wheels and roters were from Tamiya or Fujimi 1:24 scale wheel kits from EBay. Air box and ductwork entirely custom from styrene plastic. Removed bottom half of rear lights and added clear plastic to match full size car. Many a night with exacto knife, mini drill bits, and model grade sandpaper.

The hardest part was masking the "glass" and give it a black outline around each window. I had to buy an extra SE model because I ruined the first front/rear windows that came in set.

I miss working/driving my real car, probably put 500 miles in the last 6 years :(. Still in garage, around 62k miles. The scale model was my last one I put together since 1996. Now with kids grown up, I may start both of my hobbies back up :biggrin:.

5a8yteze.jpg