Jamie Leigh

So after realizing my friends are fairly dumb when it comes to my car I decided to look for other people I can talk to about my car since they obviously only want to turn everything into a racecar. So yea.. My name is Jamie Leigh, from NJ, I am obsessed with my car(94 cutlass supreme) specifically to an extreme degree, love older american cars and trucks almost as much, and when I'm not working you can usually find me playing video games, tinkering with my car, or at car show/meet

Ask away :)

So after realizing my friends are fairly dumb when it comes to my car I decided to look for other people I can talk to about my car since they obviously only want to turn everything into a racecar. So yea.. My name is Jamie Leigh, from NJ, I am obsessed with my car(94 cutlass supreme) specifically to an extreme degree, love older american cars and trucks almost as much, and when I'm not working you can usually find me playing video games, tinkering with my car, or at car show/meet

I want a vert so bad but you can't drive with the top down with a child under 12 in the vehicle and my daughter was only 3 when I bought mine. Didn't see the point in getting one I can't take full advantage of because I take my daughter everywhere with me if I'm not at work lol.

Welcome to the forums. Sad to hear about the (lack of) convertible. It could have worked with the child in the car though, you just wouldn't get a lot of top down action, but the car can fit a child seat in the back perfectly.

• 1 month later...
I want a vert so bad but you can't drive with the top down with a child under 12 in the vehicle and my daughter was only 3 when I bought mine. Didn't see the point in getting one I can't take full advantage of because I take my daughter everywhere with me if I'm not at work lol.

Say what? Is that a law where you live?

Yea it really sucks but I understand it is all for safety reasons. My brother actually used to have a convertible a while back. When his daughter was like 4 we had the top down going through a park looking at deer and we got pulled over and they actually gave him a ticket for it. I was in shock, because we were going maybe 10mph.

Believe it or not yes...that stopped us from getting an 86 mustang vert a few years ago

Wow, first I've ever heard of that one. Definately don't have that one down here in TN.

Yea it really sucks but I understand it is all for safety reasons. My brother actually used to have a convertible a while back. When his daughter was like 4 we had the top down going through a park looking at deer and we got pulled over and they actually gave him a ticket for it. I was in shock, because we were going maybe 10mph.

That's crazy!! I've never heard of that before. I could understand if the top was down in the interstate, but on a secondary road? Wow... and I thought all the stupid reasons to get pulled over were used in Virginia.

Chicago and it's suburbs are just as ticket happy. we don't have inspections though, just plug-in emissions on 96+ cars.

either way, welcome, sorry in advance for the leghumpers, don't take anything too seriously here except car stuff, most of the experienced members car rebuild a SBX in their sleep.