Moonroof Switch

Heartbeat1991

There is a switch on the track of the moonroof with 3 wires. Mine has been repaired by someone previously but is a mess and doesn't work. I am assuming it is for telling the motor where the closed position is on the glass. Mine doesn't stop on it's own, I have to fiddle with the switch in the car to get it to close tight. I am thinking this is why. If someone would be so kind as to snap a pic of theirs so I know what wire goes where to repair mine, that would be spectacular. Thankspost-9474-143689144831_thumb.jpg

On the left side track there is a micro-switch that is basically a sensor to halt the roof panel so it stops at both the closed position & the open positions (full up & fully retracted).

I'd get a photo of mine for you but the car is hibernating at the moment, the service manual pics leave a lot to be desired.

But perhaps the wiring schematic will help you,

SunroofWiring1_zpsc335c959.jpg

Sunroofwiringschematic3_zps6a534c51.jpg

Edited by 55trucker

There is a switch on the track of the moonroof with 3 wires. Mine has been repaired by someone previously but is a mess and doesn't work. I am assuming it is for telling the motor where the closed position is on the glass. Mine doesn't stop on it's own, I have to fiddle with the switch in the car to get it to close tight. I am thinking this is why. If someone would be so kind as to snap a pic of theirs so I know what wire goes where to repair mine, that would be spectacular. Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]14420[/ATTACH]

First off, it appears your switch is aftermarket, so a schematic may be your best bet, and then finding out how the switch works would be second.

These pictures are from the drivers side looking down on the switch, brown or orange appears to be on top, then green, then the third wire, which in your pictures looks to be white.

IMAG0244_zps71e48cfc.jpg

IMAG0245_zps6e8ed5a0.jpg

IMAG0247_zps34049ae2.jpg

IMAG0248_zpsebfc0722.jpg