Removing bugs

19Cutlass94

I know some of you are pretty good with the paint and care and such. The front of my car, mainly the bumper cover, is littered with bugs. What product or how/what would be the best to get them off? The stuff I have only goes so far, and Im like scrubbing the shit out of it to even try and get them off.

Ive used wd40 with good results just make sure to wash it really well afterwards :)

I know some of you are pretty good with the paint and care and such. The front of my car, mainly the bumper cover, is littered with bugs. What product or how/what would be the best to get them off? The stuff I have only goes so far, and Im like scrubbing the shit out of it to even try and get them off.

Use the course side of a squeegee or a scrub brush. Only way I could get all the cicada crud off my car when they swarmed a few years ago.

Any bug/tar remover or even an all-purpose-cleaner diluted properly will take care of bugs without an issue. If you have a lot of bugs on there and access to a pressure washer, it will get rid of the majority of them. The quicker you get bugs off, the easier they are to remove. Pre-soak them with your bug/tar remover, and come back to them after you've washed another portion of the car. Bugs left on paint for an extended period can etch through paint in the same way bird crap can.

• 2 weeks later...

A really mild and cheap bug removing method is to put an newspaper soaked with a water/soap mixture a few hours on your car.

I haven´t tested it, but some people use this method.

For myself I am using the Bug Bugger from Chemical Guys.

Thanks guys, Ill have to try some ideas here and see what works.

Be aware that a lot of bug/tar removers will remove or diminish the coating of wax you have on the car. There are several brands that claim they're strong enough to aid in bug removal, but mild enough to not remove your wax. Duragloss is one that comes to mind. They make a lot of good car care products and are sold at Carquest, NAPA, and bumper to bumper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...