2ndGen knuckles/struts on 1st gens and fawkedup custom suspension

Turbocharged400sbc

anyone else done this up front? adam rich and i yapped about it with his lumina but i figured id ask here where the 1st gen W is still beloved...(but not the brakes :lol:)

we picked up most everything we need for the 442 but we've decided to go 2nd gen up front.

picked up 4 front coilovers and 2 sets of front Fbody brakes/hoses....i bet we drop 30lbs just from swapping 4 iron front calipers to the aluminum... :lol:

we will run the 2nd gen lower ball joint, either by grafting the outter section of the 2nd gen LCA onto the 1st gen, or more likely a custom LCA with a chrysler ball/ream the knuckles as we are likely to do in the rear

the rear "front" suspension is being totally reworked due to the chassis work so we know we'll be going to a true A arm with the strut angle reworked for some serious rubber.

we tossed around the idea of a C5 rear suspension...

the front will be fun though...

If you figure out a solid front a arm let me know ill b ur first customer :)

anyone else done this up front? adam rich and i yapped about it with his lumina but i figured id ask here where the 1st gen W is still beloved...(but not the brakes :lol:)

we picked up most everything we need for the 442 but we've decided to go 2nd gen up front.

picked up 4 front coilovers and 2 sets of front Fbody brakes/hoses....i bet we drop 30lbs just from swapping 4 iron front calipers to the aluminum... :lol:

we will run the 2nd gen lower ball joint, either by grafting the outter section of the 2nd gen LCA onto the 1st gen, or more likely a custom LCA with a chrysler ball/ream the knuckles as we are likely to do in the rear

the rear "front" suspension is being totally reworked due to the chassis work so we know we'll be going to a true A arm with the strut angle reworked for some serious rubber.

we tossed around the idea of a C5 rear suspension...

the front will be fun though...

we will be altering our geometry so i dont know if what we do would be good for you

so far the quick and dirty is the oem 1st/2nd LCA splice....but with the 4000lbs of load and what will eventually be two 600+ hp powerplants has us looking at full tubular A arms with heims (and we have to use the big fuckers which are $$$ :lol:)

for now i just wonder why Al jumped the gun and bought all 4 fronts so fast

Are you changing length or position in wheelwell? I dont hav the tools or the skills to do a structural weld so you are my only hope ;)

we will be altering our geometry so i dont know if what we do would be good for you

so far the quick and dirty is the oem 1st/2nd LCA splice....but with the 4000lbs of load and what will eventually be two 600+ hp powerplants has us looking at full tubular A arms with heims (and we have to use the big fuckers which are $$$ :lol:)

for now i just wonder why Al jumped the gun and bought all 4 fronts so fast

we will likely be moving the lower ball joint inward while laying the strut back. the rear more so than the front...

the goal is to fit 295/50/16 up front and hopefully something wider in the rear (since no turning radius to worry about) but using std mustang sizing to allow for cheaper "off the shelf" rims