Oldsmobile DIS software version for3.4 DOHC

Drummer

I'd be surprised if just lifting the sticker for a few minutes actually did anything.

Murphy's Law.

the one time you do it not intending for it to be erased is the one time it will start flipping bits.

that is how i would do it.....

i would actually pull the existing one, read off the BIN, solder down a dual-wipe socket in place of the PROM, then either erase/program the existing unit(if you had the equipment to do so) or get a compatible EEPROM and load whatever BIN onto it.

burn2 will work just fine, it's what i used to both pull and program the two i have sitting here.

the 27SF512 that moates sells work, you just need to be smart about how the data is put back on, can either stack it all the way through the address range(64KB) or make sure it is sitting in the right place(8KB BINs, so it needs to be in the E000-FFFF portion of the PROM), either way works.

IF you can get the PROM off intact(it isn't always easy, all of the boards i've touched are pretty soft/grippy), please pull the BIN, i'm trying to make an archive of them.

• 3 months later...

A little update:... I was able to pull the current chip off the board with a little help and read the bin file. Saar how exactly do I send it to you?

post-1124-14368916685_thumb.jpg

post-1124-143689166833_thumb.jpg

....you didn't read it like that, did you? i seem to remember needing the PROM to be as far down(right in that picture) as possible for the BURN2 to read it correctly.

email would work great, just @yahoo.com to my username.