random dying problem

redgrandprix

not sure what is going on in my cars thought process but for some reason as of late its starting to die randomly, it starts while im driving and the car will hiccup or choke and the low coolant light will flash then the car is like oh no im fine... a minute later it happens again then the car dies while driving (once going 45 and once going 70) i pop it in neutral try to start it back up and nothing so i pull over pull the key pop the hood and the fan is still going without the key in the ingnition so my lightbulb went off in my head so i pulled the ecm fuse for a few seconds popped it back in and the car started right up completely fine for the rest of the day then today it did it again and the same thing fixed it except this time when i tried to start it back up before pulling the fuse it turned over but idled at 2500rpms so i had to turn it off and pull the fuse anyway, any ideas whats going on? ses light comes on when the car dies

i guess the chip is tunable, i just took the tg 160 we had laying around and stuck it in there after i took the emulator out, i'm assuming a n/a 3.1 ecm wouldn't work and the chip is pretty old or it looks to be, hopefully it's the chip since i'm hoping to get injectors and a chip from flybynite after my college stuff is taken care of

any 1227727 ECM will work, which you'll find in a LOT of 88-92 W-bodies. the 16149396 will work as well, which you'll find in the 91-93 LQ1 cars and the 93-94 3.1 W-bodies(not 3100).

well it did it again this time no warning in a driveway, i'm going to open the ecm up tomorrow and make sure that the chip is hooked up properly make sure it somehow didn't come loose, other than that the only way i could figure out if its the chip or the ecm is figuring out how to put a tg 160 file on my emulator and hooking it back up and seeing if it still does it but i don't really want to mess with that thing