Wiring interior LED's to fog light switch? 1997 Cutlass Supreme SL

Travisaurus

Hey guys,

My 1997 cutty is my first car and I am trying to do some small, tasteful mods to it. First on the list, interior LED's so I can actually see inside of my car :P I want to wire it up to my fog light switch. The switch has a green, black, yellow, brown, and light brown/grey wires. What do I need to connect my LED's to make this work? The LED strip is just + and - wires needing 12v. I appreciate any help here! :biggrin:

umm... why not just replace the regular bulbs with LED bulbs...

If you wanted to wire up strips, all you need is an on-off switch. ground the strips, and have power going through the switch.

There are better places to get power from rather than the fog light switch.

I'd find a common hot wire and just find somewhere to ground to. Put a separate switch under the dash somewhere and be done with it. Get a switch that lights up so it'll be easy to see if they are on.

Also if you'd rather not wire anything simply consider replacing the incandescent lights with LED equivalents. That alone can make a big difference.

There are better places to get power from rather than the fog light switch.

I'd find a common hot wire and just find somewhere to ground to. Put a separate switch under the dash somewhere and be done with it. Get a switch that lights up so it'll be easy to see if they are on.

Also if you'd rather not wire anything simply consider replacing the incandescent lights with LED equivalents. That alone can make a big difference.

Would I be able to simply cut off the incandescent lights and wire the LED strips that way?