You guys seen this site

slick

yea thats been posted before that is a grandview mo company that i have dealed with i was not impressed

good machine shop tho a friends dad used them for machining only

IIRC main street in grandveiw unless they moved

they deal with alot of $15,000 and up racers

i thought about looking into their stroker kits but i have moved and would have to wait untill next summer to walk in and inqurier about the kits

I won't deal with them. I was tuning a car with an engine of theirs, and the owner of the car kept getting different info from them in terms of injector size. They told him he would have 200 hp at the crank with his setup...and he only had 151 or so. Not worth the money for their complete engine but for machine work I don't know.

200 mph... What kinda car & engine?

Right off Bob Norwood site"), if 100 horsepower would push a certain vehicle 100 miles per hour through the air, doubling the speed to 200 would require two-squared or 400 horsepower to overcome air resistance, while 300 miles per hour would require 900 horsepower.

"

Intlcutlass wrote:

200 mph... What kinda car & engine?

he said 200 hp not 200 mph

Your absolutly right.... I am having a really bad day.

Still though , what engine? I mean you can make damn near any engine make 200 ponies these days.... They definitly screwd something up....

I was tuning a car with an engine of theirs, and the owner of the car kept getting different info from them in terms of injector size. They told him he would have 200 hp at the crank with his setup...and he only had 151 or so

Did you help the guy out (with the injectors)? or was ARI just making up fictatious hp numbers so that he would by bigger injectors from them?

I won't deal with them

I purchased (as I refed on the machined head thread) , a performance packadge off them for my heads , and I do have to say , they took WAY too long to get me the shims for the springs. Other than that though, I did like what they sent me.

haha There is this guy inmy town over the summer who did this conversion with his s-10 2.8L he says its a 3.4 now and that it could wip my lumina without contest. sofar i havent seen the truck. He was really convinced that he would win over the 3.4dohc.. kinda funny to be bragging like that when your motor isnt even done. not to mention that motor puts 185ponies in a Fwd vehicle this is rwd. fo you have to take another 5-15%off of that hp rating.

225hp vs 170hp hmm let me think.

why would RWD have less hp than FWD? I was under the impression that RWD trannies had less power loss. Not that he would beat you. And couldn't you make a 2.8L to a 3.4L by lengthening the stroke(=3.1L) and then boring (=3.4L)

why would RWD have less hp than FWD? I was under the impression that RWD trannies had less power loss. Not that he would beat you. And couldn't you make a 2.8L to a 3.4L by lengthening the stroke(=3.1L) and then boring (=3.4L)

the trannie's have less powerloss, but the driveshaft sucks major power