Front brake chirping

urbex

First thing check the wheel bearing mine caused my bake to squeal check the caliper bracket clips for wear and alignment and damage also ceramics r crap

What are the caliper bracket clips? I put on new pads today - no change. Went and bought new caliper - no change!!! This is freakin' driving me insane! It's louder now than when I started swapping parts(?).

Greg

Also, did you have o replace your wheel bearing or just repack it? Or is it one of those "sealed hub" designs where the entire hub unit has to be replaced rather than just getting the bearing?

Greg

Only thing there with the pads off (both old and new calipers) is the pistons on the inside pad and the caliper itself on the outside pad. The inside pad has prongs that clip into the ID of the pistons and the outer pad has a permanently attached clip that slides over the middle of the outside edge of the caliper, locking it in place.

Only thing there with the pads off (both old and new calipers) is the pistons on the inside pad and the caliper itself on the outside pad. The inside pad has prongs that clip into the ID of the pistons and the outer pad has a permanently attached clip that slides over the middle of the outside edge of the caliper, locking it in place.

Yeah, that's all mine have too. I know some cars have extra clips, but I never got any for any set I've had on the Lumina.

Well I purchased a right front hub/bearing assy today and will try and get it on soon and give an update.

Lord, PLEASE let this fix the issue!:(

Greg

Well, I replaced my front hub/bearing assy today and while I was torquing the front lugs the car rocked and I heard a chirp. It came from the REAR!!!!

When I bought the car the owner said the chirp was from the front, and every time I would pass by something, that's where it sounded like it was coming from. Oh well. Picked up rear pads and a hub assy today and will work on the rear tomorrow.

This thing is kicking my ass!:think:

Greg

You're not being an ass at all. The rear will be easier to diagnose as I can jack it up and remove the caliper and rotate the wheel. That way I can isolate where the noise is coming from.

Yes, I could have done that with the front, but to be honest, I never considered it because each time I was confident the part would fix it. Sometimes I'm a very slow learner!:confused: