93 Lumina Parking Brake Cable to Rear Caliper Bracket

szczur

I'm trying to replace the rear caliper myself after one I paid to have installed yet again seized, but I am having a hard time reconnecting the parking brake. Is there a trick to it? I stuck it through the hole on the one side of the caliper, pushed back the spring with a zip tie so the cable fits in the slot on the other side, and then I was trying to c-clamp the moving portion closer together so I can squish the cable into the slot, but the c clamp falls off every time. Don't want to disconnect the other spring but maybe that is the way to go.

I'm trying to replace the rear caliper myself after one I paid to have installed yet again seized,

Two Luminas--'92 and '93--and two hundred thousand plus miles--I have yet to have a rear caliper seize. I just don't understand it.

I am having a hard time reconnecting the parking brake. Is there a trick to it? I stuck it through the hole on the one side of the caliper, pushed back the spring with a zip tie so the cable fits in the slot on the other side, and then I was trying to c-clamp the moving portion closer together so I can squish the cable into the slot, but the c clamp falls off every time. Don't want to disconnect the other spring but maybe that is the way to go.

DON'T disconnect anything else.

I haven't had a problem with this, I don't understand the purpose of the C-clamp. If you're having trouble, loosen the cable assembly at the adjuster, along the left side of the body behind the driver. Once installed, re-adjust cable tension.