HID bulbs in foglights - 94 Cutlass Supreme

Nas Escobar

I currently have HID lights in the small low beam sealed beams. Looks real nice, even though there's probably some glare that I'm not too aware of.

Anyways, I have been thinking about upgrading my fog lights to 3500K HID bulbs as well, but I've been wondering... will the heat melt the housing? I know this is common on some cars, but is the Cutlass one of them?

I know the fog light housing is made by Blazer, but IDK if it's plastic or glass. Another thing I've thought is to make the sealed beam fit down there, since it's similar in size. I know that's glass for sure.

All help is appreciated. Pics if anyone has done this to their Cutty (or Grand Prix)

I thought the lowers are glass as well:shrug:. If not I`d be worried a little about the heat as well. I just had a thought for both of us reading this. What if one were to grab a pair of junkyard sealed mini quads and outright upgrade the bulb(connector splice) to a 9006(?) like the low beams themselves. They might have to be mounted in a fixed position but then you`d have more light and a glass housing. I went with 3200K for my lows and I believe its enough but I`v always wanted to upgrade those fogs and mod it to where they stay on when I hit my high beams. If anything tap on one of the fog housings with a wrench and that would be a good indicator<--- proven scientific method :lol: Ive been up to long.

Haha, I'm really not sure. I know one of my fog lights is messed up and doesn't have the adjustor, that's why I'm thinking about changing the housing to a 9006 sealed beam and then getting HID's for it.

I might just tap em to see what happens.

Do you have pics with the 3200k lights on?

Also, as far as the fogs, I think if you directly wire them instead of how they come on factory, you'll have the fog lights on. I know most kits you get at the parts store are wired like that.