5 mins. of computer work=decent sub and amp?

virtuetovice

Title is exactly as it says. I took this in on a barter for 5 mins. of computer work. It's an Audiobahn ALUM12Q. Looks like a total beast, heavy as hell. Just hooked it up to my 250W stereo and it sounds great. From what I've gathered it can take well over 4 times what I'm throwing at it?? Aluminum cone and THICK rubber membrane surround. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth selling on the used market like craigslist. I'm not familiar with the used car audio market so maybe because it's been used it's not worth a rats ass now?

...Cannibal Corpse sounds REALLY good blasting through this thing. I think I'm pissing off the neighbors. me-gusta.jpg

Edited by virtuetovice

Hard to say since they've been discontinued a long time, but I found a couple sites that had old listings for $80-$100. Throw it in CL for $50? Still worth the 5 minutes of time you spent to get it.

Those subs aren't very good. But then again they were never designed to be. Just an inexpensive throw it in and go sub.

That's what I figured. I did a little research on the thing myself and found those listings but nothing about used except for someone on ebay asking $300-something for it lol. Yeah I wish! Nothing too special but still worth a few minutes. I just realized I have a 1600W Audiobahn amp that I could package with it. I guess CL is worth a shot. Hell maybe even someone here on the forums might like to have it! Thanks for the reply!

No bites on CL for the amp and sub combo yet. I think I might just throw it in the Cutlass and let it continue death metal duty. The amp I have is an Audiobahn A8000T 1600 Watt. Any chance this sub and amp would make a good pair? I know the sub is 1000W.

• 2 weeks later...