Gearhead43

:arrow: Ace Hardware Fall Show n' Shine 2003 .. New Generation Class

Best of Class

:o 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Clone :twisted: :twisted:

Runner ups:

2002 Yellow Pylmouth Prowler

2000 Yellow Mustang Cobra Convertible

Umm ... Must be something about YELLOW paint???? :shock: :lol: :lol:

I really thought that Prowler was going to clean up. That sucker was CLEAN as a WHISTLE...But.. Talking to one of the judges after the show, he told me the reason the panel of judges picked my GP was because of a combination of MODS And (This is what he said) "The fact that the GP was 11 years older THAN the Prowler and looked just as in good a shape." :wink:

I won a free dinner for 2, They provided free lunch at the show, and I also won a free bottle a high grade spray wax. (Stuff goes for $18 a can in stores)

Well, my plan is to get my car in show condition for next July. I have a large list of things that need to be done, but first is engine work and then i need to replace 3 body parts, the top and some very very minor interior work, alot of cleaning in the engine bay, and some minor wet sanding and it should be good to go. Or atleast i think.

Thanks again guys.. I'm going to keep giving it all I got!! For those of you who are wondering about showing, and the thought of going up against a car such as a Corvette, Prowler, etc makes you break out in a nervous sweat. Keep in mind at most shows, a proper judge who is judging a car for points is required to go by a pre-printed judging score card/checklist. And depending on the show's set up, it varies. But most stick to like 5 or 6 catagories:

Exterior

Interior

Engine

Wheels

Trim

Paint

Trunk

Truck bed (if Truck)

And for example, they might all carry a max possible pts. of 10 in each catagory, for a high total of 60 pts. Proper judges almost NEVER give a perfect score!! Your total score determines were you stand in your class. If there's a TIE, the judges will come back and rejudge the 2 in a TIE and break it , unless the show coordiator

allows a tie.