The best exhaust set-up on the DOHC w-bodies

95LQ1VERT

Glasspacks with no mufflers sound pretty good through computer speakers, you`d at least want a Cat. Conv. to pass emissions right?

A car that sounds like shit is better than a car that handles like shit. I run Falkens on mine and i dont think i`d want anything else, especially for $79 each+1 for free. can handle sharp corners at 60 with only a tower brace and up-gunned sway bar, everything else is still OEM stock, 19 year old OEM stock.

I run Falkens on mine and i dont think i`d want anything else, especially for $79 each+1 for free. can handle sharp corners at 60 with only a tower brace and up-gunned sway bar, everything else is still OEM stock, 19 year old OEM stock.

Rich, where do you get your tires and are they good in snow?

Rich, where do you get your tires and are they good in snow?

I got them at a place called Discount Tires, seems like a chain store over franchise but i dont know about snow or ice. The tread pattern almost looks like flames, dont know alot of technical stuff about tires but any more rubber contact and they`d be racing slicks, thick sidewalls too. cant find my digicam when i need it or i`d take some pics. Falken Sincera? 225/16 so on and so forth. Love the grip on them even when wet, they dont seem to handle any different in the rain. I went in the first day they opened and they offered to match pep-boys tire price because i mentioned getting some rims from them. kindof needing another set so i can clean and redo my sawblade?sawtooth? factory rims and still drive the car to work.

Im looking to get some all season tires. Im thinking of Wal-mart.com's NEXEN N5000 tires. A few of my buddy's have them, I like them b/c the sidewalls have a performance look to them , tread pattern is nice and sporty, and they have a good treadlife warrenty on them. Plus they are only $89.

But as far as the exhaust goes, I'm going to buy a cheaper MagnaFlow #12246 muffler off ebay for $89.45 + free shipping and put in the same place as the resonator, then remove the stock mufflers and put in straight pipes with dual tips. Also later on down the road I will put a MagnaFlow Cat back on. I dont have emission tests in Nebraska, and I heard it mellows out the tone of the exhaust? Thats a maybe though...

Jake, I like it! I also checked some of your other Youtube vids out and I think MagnaFlow will be the right choice. BTW I loved the way your car looked! What rims where those?!

Hey ive been following this thread and have a quick question. My dohc cutlass is straight piped right now minus the res. looking to eliminte the rasp but want to go cheap as im a high schooler. looking at thrush turbos b/c of there cost. do you guys think this is a good route? i dont want to quiet her too much i love to insane noise lol

Thanks

Hey ive been following this thread and have a quick question. My dohc cutlass is straight piped right now minus the res. looking to eliminte the rasp but want to go cheap as im a high schooler. looking at thrush turbos b/c of there cost. do you guys think this is a good route? i dont want to quiet her too much i love to insane noise lol

Thanks

get the largest glasspack you can fit on the car, and replace a section of exhaust with it, a cherry bomb or thrush glasspack should do the trick

they were eagle alloy 185s 17inch

Eagle alloys are sweet! had them on my bronco!

Thanks

Lol I'm basically in the same predicament, if you want insane noise refer to this... http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=CIMG2295.mp4 .

Yeah i once had dual glass packs and didnt care for them too much so i switched to straight pipes which was a small improvement but still not what im looking for

95LQIVERT- Lol yeah i saw that on here, ive been slowly saving up for an electric cut out to place right after the down pipe

if those are the ones i'm thinking of, loud is an understatement.

i seem to remember some rather fat and short cherry bomb mufflers as well.... they convert 1 pipe into 2 and are somehow louder than a full length straight pipe.

Ahhh slick that's a good idea, replacing the res with a cherry bomb. ive never thought of that, maybe worth i shot i suppose but would that eliminate the rasp and crackle?

I put a flow-tech raptor turbo muffler i got from o'rielly's auto for $27.99 on an olds 307 which had no exhaust after the down pipe/ y-pipe and it took the loudness down from lets say a 10 to a 5. But once they get broken in they do get a tad bit louder, not much though.

don't get straight through glasspacks with no rez, then it's nothing but rasp, that's what i had. and the drone was horrendous. idle sounded perfect though. let me see if i can dig a video up...

http://sysblue.net/schoeckelt/exhaust.mpg

ShockTherapy, your car sounded pretty freakin sweet. What were the exhaust mods on it?