How do you take rear seats out?

jackhartjr

Hi folks, getting ready to take the rear seats out to look at the cylinders. Before I mess anything up, how do they come out?

Again, thanks in advance!

Jack

I assume you have rear bucket seats?

The bottom cushion: Under the center lip in the center you will find a bolt. You will need to lift up on the upholstery to see it. I think it's a 16 or 15mm bolt. Then just pull the seat cushion towards you.

The top part of the seat: You will find two bolts. One on the right and left. The right one also attaches the seat belt. After you remove those two bolts lift straight up on the seat cushion. That should free it from the clips on the back.

Removing the pass thru- It's quite simple should just be held on my clips.

After that you will see your pump. It's behind the driver side rear seat.

Thanks, actually mine is not a bucket, however that confirms what I thought, there are two bolts on the rear that have to come out.

Thanks again.

Jack

• 4 weeks later...

Jack,

You will probably want to take out the side panels, too. You may have to remove the overhead moulding/lite before that. On the side panels, there are some long phillips head screws right at the entrance that have to be removed. They are deep in the fabric. It can be a good yoga type excercise.