04 GP Steering

Addicted To Boost

I've been hearing a loud clunking noise up front, so about a week ago, I had the GP up in the air and found that my passenger side outer tie rod end was destroyed. I replaced the outer tie rod ends on both sides of the car for good measure. I used Mevotech tie rod ends per Bob's recommendation.

Now after replacing my tie rod ends, the steering feels heavy when approaching full lock in parking lots and while it drives straight as an arrow down the highway if you let go of the wheel, it seems that my caster/camber? is off now. Would this cause the heavy steering? I have an appointment set for tomorrow to get an alignment done. Also, Bob, if you're watching.... any recommendations as far as alignments on these cars?

Oh yeah, I pumped them each full of grease until the boots inflated like little inner tubes. :lol: So they are definitely full of grease.

I had it aligned on Thursday and it helped a lot. It seems to have loosened up a bit as well. I'm probably just noticing how it should feel with good tie rod ends. :lol: Steering feels much tighter and more crisp now.