battery keeps dying

syknesss

i ran amp wiring in my car and came out in the morning to find my battery dead? all i did was hook up the power to the batt ran the remote and rca's no ground and no amp just wires sitting there and its killing my batt what is causing this?

if i unhook the power and leave everything else the battery doesnt die

I'm not an expert, but if you were to leave the wire connected to the battery, and no ground, then won't the + charges just flow through the power wire, therefore killing the battery? Maybe I'm completely wrong I don't know. Try hooking up the amp, ground, rca's, remote, and see what happens when you recharge the battery. I don't know that is all I can think of. MAYBE I'M CRAZY????????? :lol:

It may be that somewhere along the power line that it may be grounding to the frame of your car. Sometimes when you drill a hole in the firewall to run power wire (without using rubber grommets) you have a chance of snaging the wire on sharp metal causing it to strip the plastic coating on the wire then there it will ground out and kill your battery.

Disconnect the power wire end (the end that connects to the battery). Use 12 volt light tester between the power wire end and the battery. If the lights glow on the 12 volt light tester then it is consuming power.

Make sure that the battery is fully charged when you test it.

i ran amp wiring in my car and came out in the morning to find my battery dead? all i did was hook up the power to the batt ran the remote and rca's no ground and no amp just wires sitting there and its killing my batt what is causing this?

if i unhook the power and leave everything else the battery doesnt die

So C-rex, the amp ISN'T hooked up, but you are right an alternator COULD come in handy...

and about my response, meh I didn't know that. it was just a guess. but the grounded out might be a reason?? I'd check with that

you ran the power wire and its not connected to anything? is the other end of it bare???? its probably touching something metal on the car and shoritng out. but if it was itd be pretty bad. youd see sparks/smoke