Z34 will crank but not start......what's wrong?

Laveen Z34

Guys,

Much appreciation from all of you who got me to have my Z34 running. Now I have a new problem. The car will crank but not start. I found out about this after leaving it on the driveway and went to Cali for 1 week of Vaca. Came back, it'll crank but not turn over. I was able to start it once and pulled it in the garage. Shut it off, came back 15 minutes later and it would crank again but not turn over. This repeatedly happened. Crank and start 1st thing in the AM but will not turn over after shutting it off. What's up with this? Is it the heat? Ignition coil? Please help. Love this ride...:(

you need to see if you're getting spark and fuel delivered.

if you're getting spark, the crank sensor, ICM and coils are probably functioning normally, but if no fuel, it could be the ECM, injectors, pump, ICM.

Thanks. I will do that ASAP. Let me know head to work and earn as much as I could just in case I have to spend so much on this MACHINE of MINE! Any other suggestions from anyone is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to do all at once when I get off work.

From HOT Arizona,

Laveen Z34

• 2 weeks later...

It's the fuel pressure regulator!! Just plain 'ol worn out 19 year part. Replaced with an AC/Delco for another 20 years, I HOPE!!! Thank You Guys:thumbsup: