hello vet owners its been a long while but i am in need of a roll bar cover ?????

capcrunk

i think thats what its call but some how some way mine must of came off during last summer the car is parked for the winter so im sure my wife or nephew must of lost on the highway its the black molded piece that covers the roll bar frame aelp would be great my car is a 95 thanks in advance

post-4813-143689102043_thumb.jpg

Edited by capcrunk

Never had a problem with mine flying off. I've seen the screw holes get worn out in other convertibles at the junkyard and those pieces do go loose.

Mine was comming loose too, so my moms work filled the old screw holes in the bottom part. Then put the screws back through to make them stick. I have not had this problem since that repair.

Yeah, mine flew off once on the interstate...I was able to find it though. I had to put a little epoxy in the lower cover where the screws go in for them to get a better bite.

Yep, mine also flew off on the highway. I never found it though. I found some screws with caps on both ends that I attached the replacement with then painted the caps black. Turned out okay and I haven't had a problem with it being loose since. Good luck.

Mine has larger screws that someone else replaced the factory ones with, now I know why. I plan on replacing those because they make little tiny buldges on the top when it's up. I'm going to buy new right threaded size ones to work, but they area going to have the countersunk flat heads on them.

• 3 weeks later...
Ya know that happened to my car also. The damn thing is screwed on! Does anyone else have the problem with this flying off?

i will add my name to the list....i also lost mine, driving home from the oldshomecoming in lansing. it just flew off at about 70 miles an hour. i got it back after it had been run over by a couple of cars and trucks. i am looking for one ....if there are any out there. right now i have it secured by using those pull straps. it wll do until i find a newer one.

seems like a common problem. for those who have not had theirs blow off....tighten them down.

:thumbsup:

cheers,

gryfan