Headlight question '97 Olds...

oldsrotro80

I'd like to upgrade to the super/ultra white headlights & fog lights on a '97 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Any suggestions on any particular brands?

Thanks for the help.

OldsPower.

You have replaceable bulbs in the headlights, right?

Get ready 'cause everybody has their own ideas of what's good and what's bad.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/53350-Want-to-Replace-Miniquad-stock-bulbs-but

Since you don't have projector lenses, bulbs will be your best bet and pure white is 4,100k-4,300k. I have 55 watt 6,000k HID's in my GTO's projector lens lows and there's a slight tinge of blue at the outside edges. 3,000k 35 watt HID's are in the fogs for an old school yellow look. Somewhere above 5,000k the useable light output diminishes.

I put Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in my daughter's cars, one regulars that have been going strong for five+ years and the other Ultra's (4,100k) going five months now. I don't care what anybody else says, these are bright white and put out substantially more light than the bulbs they replaced. Compared to the other bulbs out there these are cheap(er) and easy to find with a trip to the local National chain auto store.

There's my .02 take it for what it's worth.

Edited by BRZN

Nothing I have ever put in my allowed me to see very good at all. These mini quads look cool but are shit for lighting the road ahead of you. IMHO