TGP door side molding

bkaab

Well TGP's door side moldings had come away from the door a little. When I went to take them off the metal thing that the top hangs over on was completely rusted and fell apart. So how should I put them back on?

DSCF1224.jpg

Edited by bkaab

I've been there. I took some metal paint stirrers and pop rivited it in the door. First you. Need to bend it so the trim piece can rest on it.

Its a pretty easy fix.

I had to re-attach some molding on my car after someone hit it, and i just got somemore of those little plastic clips and some aircraft apoxy and it holds better than the other side does. Guerilla glue or this stuff called Goop works pretty good to. Unless you might want to take the molding of later for whatever reason.

If you had that kind of deterioration going on there you might want to get ahead of it on the rest of your car, just from the pic you can tell its a nice one:thumbsup:

I had to re-attach some molding on my car after someone hit it, and i just got somemore of those little plastic clips and some aircraft apoxy and it holds better than the other side does. Guerilla glue or this stuff called Goop works pretty good to. Unless you might want to take the molding of later for whatever reason.

If you had that kind of deterioration going on there you might want to get ahead of it on the rest of your car, just from the pic you can tell its a nice one:thumbsup:

These were the only thing that was rusted on the car really. Gas cap area is perfect Underside is really nice. Pinch welds are in good shape and are still red. Only thing that lets it down for me is the front end and the paint.