Front end again

RomeoZ34

Well, I took my Z34 to the shop to get them to look at the front end. Keep in mind that it has already had both front CV joints, ball joints and tie rode ends replaced. It also has a new rack and pinion unit on it as well as a new power steering pump. My alignment is way off and the tilt in the steering wheel is broken. When I go into turns it has a loud "popping" noise. Around 4-6 pops with each full rotation of the wheel, it gets worse as the car heats up. The guys at the shop didnt put it on the lift but they had me take them for a drive. Oddly enough, it didn't do it as bad when they were in it, however, it did still pop. He told me that it was probably the strut bearings and they do it in most older cars when the temp outside changes. I am planning on replacing the struts as it is, but is there anything else you all can think of that could be causing the popping noise? I have never heard any older car do this before and it doesn't sound safe at all, and it is really embarassing on top of that.