"Aerodynamic" headlights suck.............

Hippie

Sorry, just need to vent. I HATE the headlights on late model cars with the streamlined lenses, the may be great for reducing drag but trying to get a decent pattern out of them and getting them aimed so you can see anything without blinding people on low beam is a PIA ! Man do I miss the plain old rectangular quads like my old '85 Monte had and being able to aim the low and high beams seperately.................... anything you gain with new bulb technology is lost because of diffusion from the damn curved lenses and having the low and high beams in the same housing. :x

the lights on my cutty kick a**!!! I RARELY have to use my highbeams and that's pretty good since i live out in the country and do a lot of driving down unlit roads.

Are the lights on the lumina much different than the cutlas'?

Is this for your Lumina or Grand Prix?

They had sealed beams available for the early Grand Prix's. The export Grand Prix's came with them. They're normal sized sealed beams, not the miniquads either. They could also be aimed from inside the car and had headlight washers.

I personally would rather deal with a shitty beam pattern to get the nice composite headlights. :lol:

They could also be aimed from inside the car and had headlight washers.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Not that surprising... electronic levelers and headlight washers are required safety equipment in Europe which is the only reason they had them.

im movin to europe......every car should have that!!! it'd save my eyes billions of times at night :roll:

European lighting laws also requires a turn signal repeater somewhere on the side of the car, and rear turn signals that light up amber (they can look red or clear when off, but must light amber). I'm not certain, but I think a rear foglight is also required in certain parts of Europe now.

Their lighting laws are definitely way better than ours.

I had an 88 lebaron with the rectangle replacement bulbs they light up the road ok but the mounts alwasy broke when replacing them.

then i got my 95 lumina.. WOW :shock: my eyes opend wide and i had to laugh when i turned the headlights on at night for the first time. It was freakin amazin how well the road was light up.

IMO those fix arodinamic headlights are great and there is no way you can make me go back to the rectangular bulbs.