Best speaker in the category?

Mel87

i actually did it without selecting a vehicle and still had 4 come up.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All-Car-Speakers.html?tp=105&nvpair=FFSpeaker_Size%7c4X10&l=J

there were some Kenwood KFC models in the 95MC from ~1996 to 2007 and when i pulled them, they were starting to get tired, but still sounded decent. that's my 2 cents, anyways.

hopefully we don't see another audio Holy War in this thread.

I am just looking for some good sound, I dont need nothing spectacular. Pretty much biggest bang for the buck out of the 4. The Kenwoods do have a lot of good reviews, I have been reading them all..

To be totally honest, I have never been thrilled with Kenwood anything. Just my 2 cents.

Apparently Kicker makes 4x10's, I've heard a lot of people be happy with their mids and highs (generally speaking; I've never known anyone that ran 4x10s lol)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11497_Kicker-KS4100-08KS4100.html

Anthony ran Kickers after telling me they were the best thing in the world. He pulled them out soon afterward because they sounded like shit. I forget the exact models, but I told him they wouldn't sound good.

I agree with the sentiment that Kenwood doesn't make anything particularly great. However, I will give them one thing; their amplifiers are good. They are CEA-2006 certified, which is great. I'll resound the exact statement for Kicker though. Their speakers are crap, their subs are crap (but popular due to marketing), but their amps are great, if a tad bit overpriced. I would run a pair of 5.25" or a 6.5" in an MDF baffle I make myself long before I ever consider running a 4x10. The options are just so few that it's simply not worth wasting your time on it, and making an MDF baffle isn't particularly difficult.

Memphis Car Audio makes 4x10s, if you have a local shop that sells them. DO NOT buy them online, any site selling new Memphis speakers online is doing so illegally. That being said they will sound much better then anything listed so far.