Z34 Spoiler On Sedan Help

base93lumina

So, i just found out that the Z34 trunk lids are not as wide as the sedan trunks, but im having an issue with mounting the Z34 spoiler on my car. How have people in the past mounted the Z34 spoilers on the Sedans?

there is a post on this site about it somewhere i would have to find out. But i really want to see how people have fully mounted the Z34 spoilers to the sedans. Everyone with them let me see how you did it :)

Does anyone have pics of their Z34 spoilers installed on their sedans and how they mounted them? I cant find anything on here about it, just that the coupes have the provisions and the sedans do not.

there is no difference in width.

the difference is depth at the center of the glass. the coupe glass comes back farther. so you can not put the decklid on the sedan from the Z.

it's simple really. put some tape down on the decklid, have someone hold it where you want it, mark the stud locations and drill. bolt on, and get a power antenna or bend your mast out of the way every time you open the trunk.

i did it to my 94 euro back in 2001.

Yes, but what im running into is the bolts coming thru my deck lid will come out right where the weatherstipping seals on the base of the trunk. Theres not enough room to get the nut in from underneath and tighten it down if that makes sense. Got any pics of how yours was installed so i can get a better idea. I have the mounting points marked on the lid, so all i have to do is drill the holes. Its securing it that im having the issue with.

I don't know about the Lumina sedans, but you cannot install a power antenna in a Lumina coupe due to the antenna home being over top the wheel well (not enough depth below the antenna hole for a power antenna assembly)

I had a z34 wing on my old sedan. The center two bolts line up with the stampings fine. The outter ones did not and I had to do some grinding. The stampings for the outter bolts are for the euro wing. I did not have any water leaks with the bolts installed. Go4damo has the car now. He could prob post a pic of the underside if you ask nice. You will also have to adjust the antenna about an inch to the right for clearance.

I left him a message on his profile page, but it looks like he hasnt been on the site since the 8th of last month. Maybe i will get a response from him soon. In the mean time, does anyone else have any pics of how the mounted the Z34 spoiler on their sedans?