Anyone ever installed those reverse gauge overlays?

white4d96

Do you just put it over the stock face? Or do you take the stock face off that plastic bit?

Reason i'm asking is that there are some differences between the two, like the air bag light cutout and second gear start, and I'm guessing the light won't shine through like it's supposed to with the stock face in place.

I had those in my old cutlass years ago They slid right over the needles and sat right on the cluster itself with removing anything, quick/ easy install. I used a 94-96 GP cluster to have yellow needles instead of the white cutlass ones though. I will try to find some pics.

IMG_0769.jpg

I removed the black overlay and installed blue Leds in mine. I took my time and it went pretty well.

I'm surprised to say I actually like how this looks.

I wonder how blue LEDs would look in my normal cluster...or red. :D

BXX originally did all blue LEDs on the car first but changed it back after a while because it was hurting his eyes, but it did look pretty cool as well. The black backing comes over super easy, but like was said earlier, its a bit of trial and error to get the needles back on correctly, and occasionaly my tach sticks. I personally really like my cluster because it matches the rest of the interior fairly well and it gets a lot of compliments.

• 5 months later...

Anybody know if there are any white face gauges available for the 1992-1994 Cutlass Supreme? Couldn't find any on ebay.

• 1 month later...

Are the 94-96 GP clusters a direct swap into the '95 Cutlass? Interesting.

I had those in my old cutlass years ago They slid right over the needles and sat right on the cluster itself with removing anything, quick/ easy install. I used a 94-96 GP cluster to have yellow needles instead of the white cutlass ones though. I will try to find some pics.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the 94-96 GP clusters a direct swap into the '95 Cutlass? Interesting.

95-7 cutlass clusters are the same as the 94-6 GP's, save the overlay, backlight color, needles, and a couple other little differences (my cluster is from a 97 cutlass IIRC and in lieu of second gear start, there is a traction off light.)

Anybody know if there are any white face gauges available for the 1992-1994 Cutlass Supreme? Couldn't find any on ebay.

Chances are you won't find any. The cutty is mostly driven by old heads, so no overlays for the older ones.