Subframe Swap

PJB

Whats involved in swapping subframes in a '97 Cutlass Supreme? What needs to be unbolted, etc? Is it a tough job to do?

I think mine is bent (something definately is on the right side) so Im gonna swap it with the one from my parts car.

full procedure:

support front of the car with stands just behind the rear mount points of the frame

support engine and trans with a engine hoist

unbolt engine and trans mounts, power steering lines, and any other lines attached to the frame. also unbolt the steering rack and unbolt the ball joints and use a fork to pop the control arms off them.

support the frame with a jack and 2x4 longways. unbolt the 4 frame bolts

bam.

full procedure:

support front of the car with stands just behind the rear mount points of the frame

support engine and trans with a engine hoist

unbolt engine and trans mounts, power steering lines, and any other lines attached to the frame. also unbolt the steering rack and unbolt the ball joints and use a fork to pop the control arms off them.

support the frame with a jack and 2x4 longways. unbolt the 4 frame bolts

bam.

Thanks. Thats how the one we just did in a Sunfire came out but I wasnt sure if mine was the same. Luckily my friend has a lift to do the swap.

BTW, the motor isnt coming out.