front sidemarkers

brake

When are the front sidemarkers (the #24 bulbs) supposed to be illuminated? With the headlights? With the foglights?

There were no bulbs in there when I bought the car and I finally got around to grabbing a set today and putting them in, but they don't come on at all.

K thanks, I'll have to start digging to figure out why they're not coming on. Low priority right now :D

It occurs to me that a factory service manual would be a great asset in finding the reason the lights aren't lighting. Does anyone happen to have one that they wouldn't mind scanning?

Tracing the wires is, of course, what I planned on doing, but it would be much more convenient if a scan of the manual and wiring diagrams was available.

Edited by brake

may need to grab a test light and see if you are getting power at the socket. If there was no bulbs in them they could be corrotion in the end of the socket and not letting the bulb make good contact. Try taking a small file or something to clean out the end of the socket and get some die-electric grease onto the conections before putting the bulbs in.

Mine didnt work the majority of the time I've owned the car. New sockets, new bulbs, work fine now. Cheap and super easy to replace. Got mine at a local auto parts store, but rock auto sells them as well.

My bulb bases are toast, there anywhere I can buy a replacement or am I limited to Junkyard/ebay parts here?

yeah any old #24 bulb socket. takes a few minutes to replace depending on how much room you have to work under your rig.