New Set of Floor Matts

BRZN

The 17 year old OEM floor mats in the front of the Grand Prix had seen better days, especially the driver's side:

IMG_4053resize.jpg

IMG_4055resize.jpg

As well as the carpet being worn out the little nubs under the driver's side one are all but gone allowing the mat to slide wherever and whenever it felt.

IMG_4061resize.jpg

IMG_4059resize.jpg

Picked up a set from stockinteriors.com They're not quite stock LOL!

IMG_4240resize.jpg

IMG_4241resize.jpg

Actually they fill the floor better than the stock ones:

IMG_4238resize.jpg

IMG_4243resize.jpg

IMG_4239resize.jpg

IMG_4242resize.jpg

Looks like we've got more cleaning of the carpets required to bring the interior up to my standards!

Wasn't sure of the color so I had them send samples to get as close as possible:

IMG_4244resize.jpg

As well as being a bit larger than stock they have the outside edges woven with thread as opposed to the plastic surround of the stock ones. I ordered the Plush cut Pile for $54.95 and the carpet feels like a bit lower quality than OEM, but still much better than the worn out ones I'm replacing.

The passenger side mat isn't too bad. If anyone wants the stockers I'll send them to you for just the UPS shipping charge. PM me your address and I'll check on the shipping Monday or Tuesday and send them once the money hits my Paypal account. If nobody wants them they'll be in the garbage Tuesday January 3rd.

Edited by BRZN

Nate, Better that the factory ones that were replaced due to being worn or just better than the factory ones in general?

These fit the floors much tighter than the stockers and shouldn't slide around even if the nubs are off the underside. Should keep my 16 year old from crashing it like a Toyota!

urbex: subtract 10 points for spelling! I've still got a 90 :lol:

I think they are nicer looking over the factory ones. The factory should of made them like that. I hate my Floor Matts in the Gp. The front ones have tons of grip and don't slide around. But the area ones slide around all the time.

• 3 months later...

Thanks so much for this post and good pictures. I have bought (and returned) 3 sets of floor mat for my 1999 Chevy Lumina from Weathertech, Hexomat and rockauto.com and none of them fit very well. Pretty much they were all a joke to be stated as 'custom'. Your footwells look almost exactly the same as mine. Really, thanks again. Once I get it in the family budget I can't wait to give them a try.

By the way, just looked at your post on the dent removal. What a fine looking car, well done at keeping it nice. I love a well maintained car that gets used like it should.