Who Has The Dirtiest Exhaust?

chadz34

This thread is going to be good, in a nutshell were going to know what everyone is running for exhaust.

My two vehicles are both ungodly loud now.

9/10 DIRT Rating - 1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS LQ1 - Magnaflow Cat, Dual Cherrybombs (30$ Each) :dance:

10/10 DIRT Rating - 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 - Stock cat, Dual Flowmaster 40 mufflers.

It should be noted clips should be attached. I dont have one yet for the Z34 so I'll leave it.

That clip is almost 4 years old, the glasspacks are much more broken in and loud. Maybe I'll make a new clip today if it's not too windy.

My Cutlass (3.4) is running with no cat, no resonator and dual Maganaflow mufflers.

That is when I first got them installed and still had a resonator on them.

That was shortly after I removed the resonator. These mufflers still don't have more than a couple hundred miles on them yet. They need to be broken in more. In the second video you can tell how much deeper the tone is at idle.

The Grand pirx has the 3.1l has one flowmaster 40 muffler and the other side is a stock muffler. I'd like to replace both with some new Flormaster 40s.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I can assure you I have the worst sounding exhaust on the forum. It's actually pretty good (all stock exhaust) when you're standing behind the car....but that rotten EGR tube doesn't help matter up front or in the cabin.

I can assure you I have the worst sounding exhaust on the forum. It's actually pretty good (all stock exhaust) when you're standing behind the car....but that rotten EGR tube doesn't help matter up front or in the cabin.

I'm sure there are some NASTY systems on this forum. We need a clip of assured worst sounding car! the LS when I had no cat literally almost killed me...but fuck did it sound beastly.

I don't feel like my cell phone captures enough of the low end sound, but here's my 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix L82 - 2 very worn in Flowmaster 40 series, stock cat, resonator, and a WAI.

[video=youtube;FknEi9WiN8A]

[video=youtube;oULzetn-Nkw]

And to give you the range of my phones sound, here's my 454 1975 GMC Sierra in a tunnel

[video=youtube;8CG97Ai_l8E]

The Flowmasters sound like they broke in NICELY. Mine are still so dirty it's embarassing. That truck is the definition of BALLSY exhaust. Big block Chevy FTW.

Thank you! I'm anxious to hear your z34!

I'm pretty satisfied with the tone on my GP, not too loud at low rpm's but throaty enough when you open her up. Truck has all sorts of goodies, but the exhaust note is mostly from cam, headers, flowmasters, and sidepipes.

Thank you! I'm anxious to hear your z34!

I'm pretty satisfied with the tone on my GP, not too loud at low rpm's but throaty enough when you open her up. Truck has all sorts of goodies, but the exhaust note is mostly from cam, headers, flowmasters, and sidepipes.

No problem man, as of right now though, I regret the Flowmaster choice....It is SO raspy on the Z34, I hope it quiets down a bit when they break in, they are still brand new and have the tinny raspy sound you'd expect form the LQ1. It's gonna get looks tho, because it's super loud. Gonna do a clip of the LS today.

I'm sure there are some NASTY systems on this forum. We need a clip of assured worst sounding car! the LS when I had no cat literally almost killed me...but fuck did it sound beastly.

My new EGR tube should be here Monday, I'll R&R it then and if I remember (and it's not frigid) I will get before/after videos. No promises, though!

Nate, is your GP's exhaust fixed in this video or still missing a muffler? Either way it has a nice sound, as stupid as this may seem, it has me curious about running non-matching mufflers to get a warmer tone. Like magnaflow one side flowmaster on the other, etc.

[video=youtube;O61qfz2y9xI]

I was going to come in here to say that any 3800 with non-stock exhaust will win this one. I was wrong.

I was hoping this thread would have some life and go a while with some exhaust clips, but that Z34 has single handedly taken the cake, easily. :showoff: