• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• white4d96

• mra32

• skitchin

No offense, but I can't stand people with those bright ass HID's. There is no need for a low beam light to be that bright to where it constantly blinds the person in front of you driving down the highway at night. I have been merely blinded by those damn things so many times. If you MUST need more light emitted on the road, use the high beams equipped on your car for a brief moment. Off topic, but I just wanted to say that:roll:

No offense, but I can't stand people with those bright ass HID's. There is no need for a low beam light to be that bright to where it constantly blinds the person in front of you driving down the highway at night. I have been merely blinded by those damn things so many times. If you MUST need more light emitted on the road, use the high beams equipped on your car for a brief moment. Off topic, but I just wanted to say that:roll:

x 2 especially during dips in the road that make you take the beam in the eyes.

If you're blinded by people behind you, find yourself a self-dimming mirror. :think:

x 2 especially during dips in the road that make you take the beam in the eyes.

That's a problem with any set of HID lights, be it factory or non-factory.

Have a more thorough look through the link I posted above. Quite often, you are blinded by people who don't know how to adjust these and take at least the most minor preparations in installing some of these kits.

If you drove my Regal with the factory headlights, you'd be pretty scared to drive around. Its practically unsafe in the winter once you get so much as a small amount of salt, dust, or dirt on the lens. On a trip through Colorado once, I couldn't see jack. I had to constantly get out of the car ever 15 minutes to wipe off the lenses so I could see anything. I ran 35W HIDs as a result but made sure to black out the bottom of the reflector to reduce the amount of light shining into peoples' eyes and haven't had a problem since. I ended up installing those in the Bonneville (which got sold) and got myself 6000k 55W HIDs, and I'll admit those are a bit on the "way too bright" side. I'll probably end up tinting the headlights a slight bit to make it more manageable.

In my Regal there are 55W 6000k HID's in it and I love them. I adjusted the headlights down just a little bit and never have been flashed.

On one of my Luminas I just put in 55W 8000 HID's and they're a bit more tame than the 6000k's. The have the same exact look (supposed to look blue-er but it seems to me like it's the same) but output is a little bit lower.

I did see they have 5000k which is supposed to be a pure white, so maybe that would be brighter than 6000k but I'm not sure if I've ever seen 5000k, or if I have I haven't realized it.

If you're blinded by people behind you, find yourself a self-dimming mirror. :think:

Thats not he point. I shouldn't have to ride around with with my mirrors dimmed. If your light is so bright to the point to where I have to dim the mirror, than obviously they are too bright.

Thats not he point. I shouldn't have to ride around with with my mirrors dimmed. If your light is so bright to the point to where I have to dim the mirror, than obviously they are too bright.

It sketches me out when ppl blast up behind me with bright ass lights. Turn that shit down.

It sketches me out when ppl blast up behind me with bright ass lights. Turn that shit down.

+1 it drives me nuts. 9 times out of 10 it's guys in 4x4s with 35" tires and 4 sets of headlights all running simultaneously.

Is it just aftermarket HID kits, or anyone with HIDs? If its anyone with HIDs (including factory projection headlights), you're going to have to deal with it as many new cars come with them now.

My mirror is not self-dimming, but I do have a tinted rear window and I've never been bothered by anyone driving behind me.

I'm looking at upgrading my lights too now. I found a video someone on here posted, though I don't remember who(sorry). Was considering HIR's until I saw this:

[video=youtube;vg3IA-KZ8Vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3IA-KZ8Vw

6000k lowbeams

3000k foglights

Any suggestions on kits to buy? There's some for cheap on ebay, but if I have to silicone seal these in, I don't want them burning out within a few months. And tbh, I have no idea what bulbs to put in my fogs or how/if those come out of the lens.

Gotta 93 gp and want the brightest lights i can get? i dont care if they are legal or not.

Any chance of you growing up? I'd really appreciate it if you became a responsible adult instead of remaining inconsiderate.

Edited by Schurkey

Its not that I have a problem with HID, my friend has a Jetta with HID and they look alright. It's just those who feel the need to get the brightest mini-f*ckin blue spotlight they can find to put on their car. It's completely unnecessary.

Not sure how bright your guy's lights are, but if I'm driving around other cars, it doesn't even feel like I have headlights. They're aimed about as good as they can be, just nowhere close to as bright as any modern cars.

6k seems to be the crispest white for HID's, though 5k would probably be closer to a stock color temp.

4300k is what is used in stock HID and considered to be closest to halogen, as well as the brightest. Honestly I would never go over 6000k, higher than that and you are throwing your output away.

That, and put them in proper HID projectors. They are cheap enough to get nowadays that to do otherwise is nothing more than negligence.

I'm rolling with 55watt 6k HIDs, in lows/projector fogs, love them. There's not much we can do for the mini quads for light output, this is one of the best options that I've come across. I have lowered mine a bit to avoid blinding people, I've driven by my car, gotten others to as well, I've been told I'm good, no one has flashed me or crashed because of my lights.

4300k is what is used in stock HID and considered to be closest to halogen, as well as the brightest. Honestly I would never go over 6000k, higher than that and you are throwing your output away.

That, and put them in proper HID projectors. They are cheap enough to get nowadays that to do otherwise is nothing more than negligence.

Cheap enough is relative. When you can get the kit from ddmtuning.com for $40 and the projector retrofit is $100 plus having to permanently modify your headlight housing, its more expensive and more work. Not to say it isn't worth it, and it is the correct way to do it, but cheaper still isn't cheap.

That being said, I don't advise that the OP use anything other than a 4300, 5000, or 6000 color temp 35W hid kit.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk

I'm thinking/hoping the recessed headlamp on my GP should keep the light from going too high. I definitely don't want to be one of these dicks driving around blinding people, but right now I'm sick of trying to find my own headlights when there's an oncoming car.

http://www.blindinghid.com/hid-conversions-with-projectors/

How much should I expect to pay for a fair set of HID's?

Who says a retro has to damage your headlights? Morimoto projectors: Bake lens off, pop projector through bulb hole, tighten nut, reseal lens. Reverse to be stock. $70 for Mini's, $100 for Micro's.