Held motorsport

NTRCOOL

Hey guys one of the discussions at the fudruckers meet was about what hppened to heldmotorsports? Well I found my old email contact from when I bought a set of trailing arms for a tgp, and asked if they where still in businesses. Well I got a response back:thumbsup:

They are now HT Motorsports. Ill get a link up on the forum when I get home from work.

Website is a bit meh looking, but more importantly it's pretty uninviting to see "call for pricing". Not very clear what cars all their parts fit either. Good to see they're still around, hows about Fast FWD Performance?

http://westshorefabricators.com/WBody/Coilovers_Stage2.htm

It says these come ready to bolt on.

I'd just be interested in a front set for the Gp. Anybody who has installed these before care to chime in?

EDIT: The fronts do not come assembled. They are a bit more pricey that I thought they would be.

Edited by 94 olds vert

Just saying...

BXX Front Mounts - $250

Torrington Bearings - $30

KYB Struts - $125

Adjuster Nuts and Sleeves - $90

Coilovers Springs - $80

Cut Your Stock Knuckles - $FREE

------------------------------------

$575

Just trying to compare my prices.. What was his price and what all comes with them exactly? What style mount does he use? I know he offered a couple different designs on the mounts depending on what package you bought, i.e. how much you wanna spend.

I talked to him on the phone and you get Springs, Adjuster Nuts, Poly spring adapters, Roller thrust bearings, KYB struts and upper KYB nuts.

You get all of that for $454. That's the stage two with the KYB. They sell a stage one without the struts for $345. Which is where I'd want to be. I already have KYB Gr2 struts in my GP.

So $450 roughly and you get that gay style adapter to make the springs work with your stock mounts and plates.. Oucheroo:lol:

He has another mount design that doesnt use the stock mount one bit, and is replaced with a mount similar to mine but uses a poly bushing whereas mine uses a spherical bearing.

How much does he charge for those mounts?

I think they were sold along with the Stage 3 setup:think:

They are the same mounts that Andrei has on his GSX.

The Stage 2 has that retarded adapter to your stock mounts that is held in place by a self tapping screw.

I had those style on the Grand Prix... Never had an issue with them, but I would never put them on another car...

Now that I know how the suspension works, the plastic sleeve style just doesn't seem safe to me long term. You also have to be very careful when dropping the car down from being jacked up...

When the cutty finally gets a coil over conversion, it will all be custom made by me.

Trailing arms on that site apparently won't fit my Cutlass, is that true?

They'll fit. I still like the GMPP ones better if you can find a set for sale somewhere.

Held used to charge $130 per set for their arms (lateral and trailing)

When I got mine in 2007 I talked to Lee, who I don't think is there anymore, I paid $350 for all 3 sets.

They are non adjustable and the powder coat didn't last as long as I would of hoped.

I had to cut mine off the GTP when I parted it out so I have to get new bushings before I can put them on the cutty... I may just make my own adjustable lateral links.

I now have the ability/tools to make all my own parts or at the very least have them made, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to buy the lateral/trailing arms and rear coil overs again.

Sweet, depending on price, I might buy them.

They are pretty easy to replace. Usually the bolt on the TA mount is the hardest to get off, depending on how much rust is there.