A good source for custom fit floormats?

Jssuper

My drivers side floor mat is completely worn out now. My heel has worn through it and its getting worse. The mat is literally coming apart now because I have put off replacing it. Honestly I have not found a generic aftermarket mat that will fit right and look good in the car.

Does anyone know of a source for good quality custom fit mats that I can get that will not break the bank? Something with a heel pad would be nice.... I was quoted over $120 at a auto accessories shop in a neighboring city (Closest one).

I tried the junkyard for some mats that might buy me time, but the few I found are as bad or worse than mine.

Although I believe you were able to direct order through them before. Now you'll have to do some serious digging through the dealers' configurations to get exactly what you want as far as embroidery if you even want any...

Thanks to you both actually. They are both less than half of what I was quoted.... Btw, Fury.. JCwhitney sells those mats. I was able to locate them through the lloydmats website. Now the only question is... is it worth it to have "Century" script or a regular Buick badge embroidered.... hmmmm :think:

Watch out for Weather Tech, their on line order form is misleading. I posted this up on another forum yesterday:

The good and the bad.

The Good

I've had Weather Tech mats in my vehicles for quite a while. I started putting them in my work vehicles in 2003. I work with dairy farmers at their location: can you imagine carpeted mats and cow manure? I had one set in a vehicle for 165,000 miles and they still apeared new. I've even purchased the cargo mat for the rear of my Magnum. I talked these guys up and recommended the product to everyone I could - no more!

Now the Bad :mad:

I ordered a custom set for my daughters 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE. I was able to order them specific for the vehicle on their web site and the receipt shows that they are in fact for a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Here's what arrived:

IMG_4069resize.jpg

No, they didn't fit. Not even close. I emailed them with no reply (they did reply to the email the day after I called). I called them and was told they don't make mats for this vehicle and was sent the mat they produced that would fit the best. These mats would have been dangerous to say the least! I was told that on the web page I ordered from it stated something along the line that not all vehicles have custom mats and if custom ones were not available I would be sent the best fit mats from their line. Well, I didn't see that and really had no need to look since as best I could tell from the way I ordered I was going to get custom mats for this vehicle. Great, after talking with their customer rep they'd take them back and they'd return the purchase price directly to my credit card. However, I was out the $15.00 for shipping and had to pay the shipping to return the mats to them: $30.00 for nothing but grief! I did complain to the customer service rep I was talking with and got them to pay the return shipping.

Caveat emptor!

There, I feel a bit better now and they got a public announcement of my dissatisfaction for the $15.00 shipping. Their loss...

• 1 month later...