Dash Speakers in '95 Vert?

Topless95

Couldn't find anything about this in other posts. Has anyone put speakers in the '95 dash? Not sure if they'll fit and I'm not sure how to get to that area to check out the room or lack there of. :dunce: I haven't picked up a manual yet. It would really be helpful to have dash speakers when the top is down, especially on the highway.

Just put some good component sets in the doors. My 95 vert came with Polk Audio components in the doors, sounds great, top up or down.

If the 95 is anything like the 94, you have to take the upper part of the dash off to get to them.It wasn't very difficult to take off, only 8 bolts/screws but lining it up when putting it back on gave me a littke trouble. It made a huge difference especially on the highway.

Is it even possible to have speakers mounted in the dash for 1995 Convertibles? I don't see how it would work, on mine at least. But yeah, have some nice speakers in the rear and you should be fine cruising with the top down. At least I can play my music to where I cant hear myself think with the top up or down...just a Pioneer DEH3300UB Aftermarket HU, two aftermarkets in the rear, and a Bazooka subwoofer in the trunk and the stock tweeters/speakers on the door.

IMO dash speakers "raise" the music up higher in the cabin area. I've replaced all the other speakers, but would enjoy dash units if possible. I guess I'll look for a manual or info online on dash removal. When you look at the 95 dash there are no visible screws etc to remove . I think it must have something to do with the fact that the 95 has a passenger side airbag.

IMO dash speakers "raise" the music up higher in the cabin area. I've replaced all the other speakers, but would enjoy dash units if possible. I guess I'll look for a manual or info online on dash removal. When you look at the 95 dash there are no visible screws etc to remove . I think it must have something to do with the fact that the 95 has a passenger side airbag.

The problem is that they will be completely off-axis. Its a terrible place for speakers. Its just as bad as rear speakers in a coupe, but closer to you. The reflections of the sound off the glass create a plethora of acoustical issues. Get some good components in your doors and you'll be much happier.