Any Interest In W-body Specific 3x00 Headers?

BXX

the only thing a o2 simulator/emulator should be used for is a post cat o2. And then all it does is keep the SES lamp from turning on by giving the computer what its looking for data-wise. Never use one in place of the upstream o2.

unless the car is a 01+ GM put in a cat efficiency test in to the programing and if it does not get the reaction it wants either a pass or fail it stays in the test until the car is shut off. only way to know the car is doing this is to scan it the LTFT go to +16 and stay there. it will not pass a sniff test because it is running too rich.

Huh? Im still doing turbo. I just wanted to make and have a set of NA headers for the DD. Plus the NA headers will be harder to make than the turbo units. I think I wanna do the turbo headers in stainless anyway (like 3x the cost)

Huh? Im still doing turbo. I just wanted to make and have a set of NA headers for the DD. Plus the NA headers will be harder to make than the turbo units. I think I wanna do the turbo headers in stainless anyway (like 3x the cost)

I was referring to the HPTuners quip. Unless I magically find a '97 Lumina PCM with my VIN on it, won't ever pass echeck.

I was referring to the HPTuners quip. Unless I magically find a '97 Lumina PCM with my VIN on it, won't ever pass echeck.

Funny, mine passed with no issues.

They don't look at the VIN on the PCM, they look at the VIN on the car. It's not uncommon for people who repair their cars to have a replacement PCM with a non-matching VIN.

Ours checks for VIN. Last time I went in for testing I watched the computer hoping it didn't, and it pulls VIN info from the PCM before it even starts checking readiness monitors.

FWIW, My 3" Magnaflow high-metal cat passed Ontario emissions with flying colors! You don't necessarily need hi-flow, just a bigger one will flow better.

And one observation I've made after switching to headers on my 3800 is that you lose a little low-end torque, but get much much more high-end pull.

Sorry little late on this....

Was it a new Cat? I had a magnaflow high flow cat on my GTP... it failed miserably... swapped out the cat for a walker cat and passed with flying colors....

Never again will I put a magnaflow cat on my car