Spring code

TeeJay3800

I have a question about my suspension system. I was reading this site (under "Spring Codes") and on my car I found an RPO code of 0DK (spring, computer select rear). The Spring Code page states "If your car is equipped with a rear fiberglass monoleaf spring, it will have a code starting with "0"" So I guess this means my car that kind of spring. What does this mean and is this a good or bad kind of spring to have? BTW, I have the FE1 suspension package.

Its not really a bad or a good thing either way. I've got a 1990 Lumina with a rear leaf spring, and it rides just fine. Some people absolutely hate their leaf springs, so they take em' out and install rear coil-overs (usually from Fast Forward Performance). I haven't done this myself because I'm not convinced that the rear strut towers can handle the extra stress put on them by removing the leaf spring and installing the coil-overs. A set of KYB GR-2 struts will make a great ride, even with that mono-leaf. Now in terms of your overall suspension package, sorry.....but I have not clue. I'm not exactly the most knowledgable person when it come to suspension.

SmoothSteve

All W-bodies came with a transverse rear monoleaf spring. Since you have the FE1 package, you have the soft leaf spring. If you had the FE3 package, it would be firmer offering a more sporty ride