Moog K6000 Leaf Spring Helpers and Moog K6544 Leaf Spring Pads

90V6RedHotLuminaEuro

fed ex arrived with mine today. just unboxed them and they are the hard rubber. harder than a motor mount.

looked like a yellow folded up old paper in the box, unfolded it and looks like it was made in 1992! the instruction page was printed 20 years ago. had a bag with some locktite and a few nuts. I thought it would be some spongy ass hard foam but its rock hard almost. damn might take some breaking in. might shave them down slightly and use them with one of my flex a form springs.

good to hear the reviews so I don't worry if it works though, so thanks. its not just for big loads, helps plant the front tires too. for better launches off the line. saves the struts and the spring in lowered cars.

Ordered in the MOOG, took a day to get and they were about 45 bucks, nobody knew what I was talking about when I said "leaf spring pads/isolators/bushings" but when I gave 'em the part number they found it.

Once I opened the box to see if there were indeed 2 (if there weren't it would've been 90 bucks. fuck that) the parts guy knew exactly what they were - They call them friction blocks? wtf? - and said they have like 4 generic ones (sold individually) left in the back, nobody has bought any in years. 20 bucks.

The MOOG part looked pretty good, but so does this one. Doesn't have the 3 slots in it that the MOOG parts do.

Anyway, who the hell calls them friction blocks? I can't even find these things online with the part number and brand :D Chassis Pro 15512 "GM W Body rear leaf spring friction block 1988+" I've never heard that one before at all.

$45 for the nylon blocks that go in the knuckle, under the spring tips?

Woof.